Why choose a Texas Vet Loan
The Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) Veterans Housing Assistance Program offers qualified Texas Veterans and Military Members an unbeatable, low-interest loan with little or no money down on primary residences in Texas.
A VLB Home Loan may be used to purchase a home that meets these requirements:
- Must be the veteran’s primary residence
- Must be located in Texas
- Must be a single family attached or detached home, town home, or condominium
- Duplexes or other multi-family units must have been constructed at least five years prior to the closing date of the loan.
- Manufactured / modular homes may be eligible. Contact the VLB or participating lender to confirm.
- All new construction homes must meet:
- The Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) guidelines for ENERGY STAR® qualified homes, and must be ENERGY STAR® labeled and certified; OR
- A HERS Index Score of 75 or less following the RESNET National Home Energy Rating Standards and must have an energy rating Certificate that documents the HERS Index score of 75 or less
The veteran must occupy the home within 60 days after the closing of the loan, and the home must remain the veteran's primary residence for at least three years.
New construction homes and a Texas Vet Loan requirements
To be eligible for VLB Home Loan financing, new-construction homes must meet the federal government standards for energy efficiency in the Energy Star™ program or have a HERS index score of 75 or less.
Disabled Veterans Discount
The Texas VLB offers Disabled Veterans a 1/2 of 1 percent (50 basis points) reduction on the available VLB loan interest rate as long as the veteran has a compensable service-connected disability of 30 percent (30%) or greater as verified by an Award Letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The reduction is a full 50 basis points, or one-half of one percent on the available VLB loan interest rate.
Learn more about Disabled Veterans Discounts.
Have questions about VA Loans ???
It doesn't matter if the home your looking to purchase or refinance is in San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, El Paso, Corpus Christi or Austin, as long as it is in our great state of Texas, I can help you.
Please give us a call at 210-656-1134, for a No Cost, No Credit Check, and No Obligation consultation and find out how much you qualify for.